It is important to know the best ways to get a clean car and protect our waterways too! For all you Do-It-Yourselfers, we have some tips when it comes to washing you car:
- Wash your car at a commercial car wash. They treat their water before releasing it into our sanitary sewer system.
- Wash your car on your lawn. The water will filter into the ground instead of the storm drains.
- Use a hose with a shut-off valve to reduce runoff from the grass.
- Dispose your soapy water in a sink or an area where the water can be filtered into the ground.
- Be sure to use a biodegradable, phosphate-free, water-based cleaner.